... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
The Web Hosting component seminar
From Elxis Official Documentation
On July 16 and July 23, 2010 Ioannis Sannos presented 2 free online seminars on how we build a component for Elxis CMS following an MVC-like (Model View Controller) approach. You will find a short presentation and the component's files at the Webinars section at elxis.org. The seminar was performed in Greek language.
Things we discussed during the seminar:
- Build components file system
- Install manually the component and create its database tables
- An MVC-like PHP architecture with model and controller combined.
- Create the elxis toolbar for the component
- How to build a multilingual application
- Component's configuration
- Build of a sample controller/view pair for handling web hosting packages.
- How to create tooltips, tabs, yes/no radio boxes, drop down select boxes.
- How to load Elxis WYSIWYG editor.
- Create the component's XML file
- Create the installation file.
- Create the file that is being used during component's uninstall.
- Build the XML schema file.
- Handling SEO PRO extension during install.
- Create the final installation package that it is ready to be install via the Elxis components installer.