... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
From Elxis Official Documentation
Sections and Categories help us to organize our content better. It's the most important part of Elxis CMS, where a site's content lays. Now we are going to see how a Section can be created, very easily!
- Log-in the Administration control panel of your Elxis site.
- In the top menu select "Content" (pic 1).
- Click where it says "Section Manager" (pic 1).
- If you have other existing Sections, you will see them listed. If you want to create a new Section click on the upper right corner on the "New" button.
- In the current window (pic 2) you will see all the "Section Details" you must modify in order your Section to be created.
Below is a brief description for every setting of the scope:
- Title: Give the Section a title.
- Section Name: A name for your Section.
- SEO title: A S.E.O. title for the Section's page. Try to use up to 3 words seperated by hyphens (i.e. create-sections-page). Instead you may use the "Suggested SEO title" option. Don't forget to validate your S.E.O. title.
- Image: Associate an image to your Section. Note: The images for this option are retrieved from /image/stories folder.
- Image position: The alignement of the above image: Left, Center or Right.
- Ordering*: The ordering of this Section comparatively to other Sections. Ordering can be changed after this item is saved. New Sections default to the bottom of the list.
- Access Level: User Groups with access to this Section.
- Published: You want this Section published or not.
- Languages: With what languages will this Section be associated.
- Description: Optionally you can write a short description for the new Section you are about to create.
- If you want to link this Section with a menu, this can be done from the "Link to Menu" on the right hand of your current panel.
- Click SAVE. Done! Your Section is created.