... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
From Elxis Official Documentation
Set your Home page
How to choose what will be your site's home-page? Here we have two options:
A Option: Link to component frontpage (Elxis default)
Link a menu-item from mainmenu(or other) to component frontpage and let com_frontpage to list content that you have previously enable by the option: “publish in frontpage” at content-item's parameters.
You are able to remove, reorder , temporally unpublish, edit or even delete any content item from your first page by visiting Frontpage Manager.
Frontpage-manager simply collects all content items that marked to be published on front-page in a list so to be more easy for users to manage frontpage-items.
B Option: set any page as your site's front-page
To set any page as your site's front-page create a link to that page and place it to first position of the mainmenu menu.
By default Elxis shows you the component Frontpage at your site's front page. You can change this easily to anything you wish.
- Remove existing menu items linking to component frontpage.
- Empty recycle bin.(Important!)
- Navigate to menu >> mainmenu. (Important! only in mainmenu is that possible)
- Create a new menu item that will link to the page you wish to be your new front-page.
- Place your new menu item in the first(Important!) place of the mainmenu menu.
- When using default option(link to com_frontpage) to set your home page, component frontpage will automatically display those frontpage-items that are published for the currently selected(by user) language.
- When using option B'(link to a page) then the first linked page in mainmenu of each language will become your home page content, so take care on setting the proper order of links and you will get a multilingual front-page.
Multilingual Site Title
- In case using link to component frontpage, Site-Title and Meta-Data is pulled out of global configuration settings at elxis administrator.
- In case B'(link to a page), Site-Title and Meta-Data is pulled out of the linked page. This gives the ability to have multilingual site-title and meta-data... site description and keywords.
Other Frontpage staff
Till now we have talk about frontpage content (page's main-body content) if you have already install elxis then you probably have seen some other blocks(boxes) of text, images, polls, search-box and various other staff in deferent places all around main content. Those blocks uses their own configuration settings.
Those blocks called "Modules" and you can enable-disable,positioning and edit their content from administrator area, you will find them under modules tab in top navigation bar. I wont expand farther on modules usage at this time, i will only explain a little bit more a particular module, module frontpage.
One of elxis unique characteristics is module-frontpage. This module can pull out of your sections or categories a number of content-items depending on configurable criteria such us the most-popular, latest... etc. and publish it to your frontpage.
Elxis frontpage-module is published by default when you choose to install sample-data during elxis installation.
Here must note that decide that this module designed for use in site's frontpage there is no limitation to use it in any other page or all pages.
|Frontpage Module or any other module is not consider as content, you need to publish as mentioned above an autonomous page or at least one single content-item at frontpage, otherwise elxis will complain that there are no contents to display. This must be done for every published language.|