... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
From Elxis Official Documentation
Search topics by given criteria. Options, navigation. eforum/search.html
Search Page Overview
The eForum Search function lets you search throughout your forum, to find specific posts or members that match the search criteria, you specified. Search for any terms or use a query.
Your search may contain one or more (query) terms. Type numbers and text characters into search entry fields.
- Keyword: Enter a word or phrase to search for. Minimum 3 characters length.
- Author: If you define a member/author in your search terms, you will get results/posts by that user.
- Only threads started by this user: This feature is combined with the "Author" field (see above). Tick this box if you want the results to include ONLY posts STARTED by the author/member.
- Live Search: Use this feature, to quickly search for forum members, using Ajax technology. The search is done by the nickname, the real name and the user's email.
- Date: Perform searches within a range of date. You can select from "Any Date" or "Today" and up to the last "180 days".
- Boards: Select this mode if you want to search into specific boards. By default the search is been done "in all boards". You can select MULTIPLE BOARDS (by using the Ctrl button on your keyboard).
- Order: Use this option to change the order of the results. By Date/Title & Descending/Ascending.
- Only posts with attachments: If you select this option, you will get only the results that contain attachments.
- Security Code: eForum search page, is been protected by an anti-spam/flood operation. So, it will ask you to make a simple sum!
|Hint: Learn to narrow your search criteria for better results.|
Within the Control Panel (Configuration), on the Features tab, the first 3 options affect the eForum's search operation. Let's see each one of them:
- Advanced search: Give access to eForum Search to "Anyone" or "Only for registered users".
- Search security: Turn ON or OFF the anti-spam/flood protection.
- Max users results: The maximum number of users, returned as results on Member Search.
You can search for other users, throughout the Members list or directly using the (Seo Pro) URL, as below.
Member's search is allowed only for registered users. Search can been done, by username - email - website and signature. Minimum input, 3 characters length.
|By default only the first 50 results are being displayed. However you can change this from eForum general settings.|