... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
Eforum Personal Messages
From Elxis Official Documentation
What are the Personal Messages (PM)
The Personal Messages is an extra service of eForum by which all members can change among them messages, as a kind of internal mail server.
Entering to the service there is a mini panel by which we can see all Incoming messages and we can select or to see Outbox (Outgoing Messages), or to Send (create and send) a new PM, or to see our Profile, or to Delete older messages.
Send a Personal Message (PM)
Clicking on button Send PM is appearing an editor (similar to that of creating a new topic), where we must enter into field Recipients the username of the member we want to send the PM. If we want to send it to more than one members, we enter their usernames separated by , (comma). Also there is the possibility for Live search of members. Then we type the subject of PM into field Subject and to the white area bellow we type the text of the PM. Finally we send the PM by clicking on button Submit.
1. The option Save a copy of this message in outbox is checked by default and all sent Personal Messages are saved into Outbox.
2. Live search for members: Typing (into field live search) the first 2 or 3 characters of a username which we look for, then under this field, will be displayed all possible usernames which matching the characters we typed. And clicking on displayed username, this will be shifted into field recipients.
|The maximum number of Outgoing messages is regulated by the site or eForum administrator and is the same for all members of the same group.|
Replying to a Personal Message (PM)
When another member logs in and checks his incoming messages, looks a picture like below, if he has messages
On top right there are 3 icons:
1. Clicking on blue arrow we can reply to the PM
2. Clicking on green ,, we can insert all or part of the text of PM into quotes, to use it for reply
3. Clicking on red x we can delete the PM
When we reply to a PM under the editor is appearing the message to which we reply.
|Notification of Receiving a Personal Message: When eForum members send us PMs, then on area of eForum Login, is appearing a number, beside to Incoming Messages, that shows the number of PMs they have sent us.|