... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
From Elxis Official Documentation
What is a Board
A board is a basic part of eForum, it's the area where topics are posted. Boards should be organized into Categories to make it easier for members and guests to navigate. Administrators can set permissions by board. Additionally they can select which Member Groups have access to specific boards.
While you're in the eForum control panel, if you select the Boards icon, you will see all existing boards, listed and separated by Categories.
|Administrators are able to set permissions by board & select which Member Groups have access to it, through eForum Control Panel.|
Now, let's see below the available options when creating or editing a board.
Create / Edit a Board
To create a New Board, through eForum control panel, select: Boards / New. You'll see a new page with the following options available:
- Category: The category to which the board will belong. Make sure you have created, in advance, at least one category.
- Title: This will be the title of your new board.
- Seo Title: You can use only lowercase Latin characters, digits, dashes & underscores. SEO title must be unique. Try to insert essential SEO titles. Read more: SEO PRO base names
- Description: A short description of the board, that will help members to distinguish the 'posting areas' of your forum.
- Order: This is the order of the specific board, relatively to other boards. When creating a new board, ordering is not not available. After saving the item (board) you will see the ordering options. New boards appear, by default, to the bottom of the list. Read below, more about Ordering.
- Published: Select Yes or No, if you want your board published or not.
° Normal - Normal access and activity. Users can read and reply on the board.
° Read Only - Prevent users from posting/replying to topics. The can only read existing ones.
° Reply Only - Prevent users from opening their own topics. The can only reply to existing ones.
- Member groups: Member groups that have access on the specific board. Each group will have the rights as determined through eForum Control Panel.
- Moderators: From this option, you can determine the moderators of this board. You must have previously assigned as moderators, members of your eForum. Orelse you will see available, only the "None" indication. Read also: Eforum Moderators.
Each Board is distinguished by a unique ID. This ID is directly related with the boards' creation sequence & is automatically assigned.
Order - Reorder Boards
eForum allows you to set the display order of all boards, regardless of the creation time. The display order of a new Board can be changed after the board is saved. Keep in mind that new Boards appear by default to the bottom of the board's list (Category).
To change the display order for any board, simply use the blue arrows (up & down), available in the Reorder column through eForum Control Panel/Boards.
Notice: Board Reordering does not affect a Board's ID.