... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
SEO PRO base names
From Elxis Official Documentation
A SEO PRO base name is a short name placed in a SEO PRO formatted URL to declare the component that the page belongs to. The SEO PRO base names are unique, reserved by Elxis, words. You can not use that name for providing SEO title to a content section for example. links for instance, is a reserved word for component Weblinks.
Elxis has an internal map that links SEO PRO base names to components or tasks. You can find this mapping in file /includes/sef.php
If you create a section with SEO title links then the URL of that section and of all categories and content items will start from:
An for the French language (as on our example):
When we navigate to this URL Elxis will have a big dilemma. Which page to display to the visitor, component Weblinks or the content Section links?
To avoid such issues all SEO PRO base names are unique and some of them are reserved for certain components. Elxis wont allow you to create a section with SEO title links.
For all third party components the SEO PRO base names are the component names with the suffix com_.
The above URL is a SEO PRO URL for component Super Test. The SEO PRO base name for that component is com_supertest.
Making the URLs look even better
The com_ prefix is a good solution for the third party components but not the best. We can have better URLs by removing the com_ prefix from the SEO PRO base name and reserving the new base name in Elxis core.
So we can have our Super Test component having URLs like the following:
|You can reserve any non-common and non already used SEO PRO base name for your third party component by sending your request to Elxis Team. Elxis Team will add your SEO PRO base name to the list of the reserved names in Elxis core.|
Reserved SEO PRO base names
This is the list of the up-to-now reserved SEO PRO base names (Elxis 2009.2 - February 27, 2009).
Third party components
- sitemap - For component Sitemap.
- directory - For component eDir. eDir's development has stopped. To reclaim the directory SEO PRO base name for an other component send your request to Elxis Team.
- gallery - For component IOS Gallery.
- eshop - For component IOS Eshop.
- reservations - For component IOS Reservations.
- newsletter - For component IOS Newsletter.
- downloads - For component IOS Downloads.
- events - For component Events Calendar (added on Elxis 2009.1).
- arthrology - For component Arthrology (added on Elxis 2009.1).
- qpassport - For component Query Passport (added on Elxis 2009.1).
- eforum - For component eForum (added on Elxis 2009.2).
- webtv - For component WebTV (added on Elxis 2009.2).
Elxis built-in components
- members - For component User.
- links - For component Weblinks.
- feeds - For component NewsFeeds.
- registration - For component Registration.
- rss - For component RSS.
- polls - For component Poll.
- banners - For component Banners.
- eblog - For component eBlog.
- ext - For component Wrapper.
Also some words are reserved by the component Content and you can not use that words as SEO PRO base names:
blog, archive, submitted-content