... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
Press News Module
From Elxis Official Documentation
You can change the appearance, the effects, and several other choices have been added in this module. (More options below)
Current Version: 2.0
Updated to 2.0 version : Now Press News Module also supports eForum Component, IOS Bubbles Component.Also Added more features
Checked for browsers: Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8.
Advanced Parameters Introduction:
On your right hand we present to you the parameters which you can find after installing the “Press News” module on Elxis CMS platform.
A. General Settings
1. Category: List of Content Categories which you've created on your Elxis CMS site.! When you choose one of them then module returns on titles the content Items of the category you choose here!
2. Content Items || eForum Boards (ids): With that you can choose particularly content items or eForum Boards that you like to be display based on theirs id . Write this field like this way: : 21,23,19,16 or 3 if you want to display only one content Item or one eForum Board.
Attention: You must select only one way/style of presentation. Not both and not neither.
3. Number of Items: In this parameter we choose the number of articles that will be presented by the module.
4. Number of characters: Select the number of characters to be display. Blank spaces regarded as characters.
5.Order by: Ability to order the content items or eForum Posts by creation date or their views.
6. FrontPage items: Choose whether you want to show content items that appear in your site’s Frontpage, or not.
7. Show only title: if Yes then module will show to your visitors only the title of Content Items or eForum Posts or IOS bubbles Messages.! If No then it will show additional text!;)
B. Module settings
From the «Module Settings» you have the ability to build the functionality of this module.
8. Show Direction: Choose the direction in which the Module effects will be presented. Horizontal or vertical presentation.
9. Transition Type: Define the title’s format. Scroll, Fade, and ScrollFade are the supported formats.
10. Slide Delay (ms): Time between the title’s presentation. Define it in ms (1000ms = 1sec).
11. Slide Speed (ms): Time delay between 2 presented articles. As you can see in the module’s demo, the time is set to make the module background black. Define it in ms (1000ms = 1sec).
12. Show Navigation: Select whether or not you want to show the arrows, right and left of the Module.
C. Module Appearance
In this section, regulate the appearance of the module.
13. Module Width (px): Define the overall width of the module. Input a number and the module automatically converts the number into px!
14. Module height (px): Define the overall height of the module. Input a number and the module automatically converts the number into px!
15. Show Custom Title: Select whether you want to show (or not) the default «Press News» title.
16. Custom Title Text: Enter any title you want to show. Default Title: «Press News».
17. Custom Title Width (px): Define the width, that you want, the title to occupy. Input a number and the module automatically converts this number into px!
On 2.0 Version of Press News Module 18. eForum Component: Enable/ Disable Eforum Component 19. Bubbles Component: Enable/ Disable IOS Bubbles Component
Attension: One of these component we must choose not both of them.
Download on Elxis Download Center (EDC) & Demo
Update from ver 1.x to 2.0
You can easily update from 1.x version to 2.0.!
1. Download version 2.0 from Elxis Download Center - Press News Module
2. Unzip the files.
3. Load your FTP program (like Filezilla ) and login to your account.
4. Go to Elxis root Folder and then on the folder /modules
5. Replace the 2 files called : mod_pressnews.php and mod_pressnews.xml from unzipped folder to /modules
6. Now go to FTP Folder /modules/mod_pressnews/ you will find 3 folders inside of it called : css , js ,images and one file called index.html
7. Upload these new files from unziped folder/mod_pressnews to FTP folder / modules/mod_pressnews.!
Verify that all the files uploaded successfully.
That it was.!
Comments and Questions
You can ask anything you want for changes, in Elxis Forum Module Support