... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
From Elxis Official Documentation
IOS NoobSlide is a module for Elxis CMS that allows you to slide images from various sources using many different styles and with many options to control the module appearance and functionality. IOS Noobslide is part of the IOS Reservations 3.x package and its free-of-charge distribution is a gently offer of Is Open Source to Elxis CMS users. The module's source code fulfils the highest quality and security standards.
License and support
The module is released for free under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license. Is Open Source does not provides support for free provided software. Post your questions at the Elxis forums and please do not contact the author (Ioannis Sannos) in private for support. As this module is also a part of IOS Reservations v3.x package, the people that have purchased IOS Reservations v3.x, and only them, may contact the author for support for this module.
The module can retrieve images from various sources. Supported sources are:
- Custom images. Up to 8 user selected images located inside folder (images/iosnoobslide/). If the folder iosnoobslide does not exist you have to create it and place your images there.
- Folder images. Instead of selecting individual images you can select any folder inside the Elxis' images folder and IOS NoobSlide will automatically load all images inside that folder. This option requires Elxis 2009.1 or newer.
- Flickr images. Load images from Flickr. Requires IOS Reservations 3.x and Flickr API.
- IOS Gallery images. Load images from the IOS Gallery component. You can limit the images only to selected categories if you like. Requires component IOS Gallery (Download IOS Gallery for free from EDC).
The module can slide the images using many styles. Supported sliding styles are:
- 2 - Bounce, Easy out
- 3 - Play, Stop, Playback
- 5 - Vertical, On walk
- 6 - Walk on mouse enter (with thumbnails).
- 7 - Easy out (with thumbnails)
- 9 - Walk on mouse enter (IOS News style). This method created completely by Is Open Source and is ideal for news or tourism portal sites.
- 10 - IOS vertical. Like style 5 but does not shows text and link on the sliding images. Added on version 1.1.
This group of parameters controls options that are suit to all sliding styles. We have already mentioned Images source and Sliding style. Here are the others.
Controls the load of the AJAX library MooTools (version 1.1). If you already load the library in your template's header set this option to No. If you set it to Yes IOS NoobSlide will load MooTools automatically for all pages the module is being displayed except those of IOS Reservations v3.x as MooTools is being loaded by IOS Reservations.
The maximum number of images to slide. Values: 3 to 30.
If you select Yes, then the module will display play, stop, next, etc, navigation buttons.
If Yes, the images sliding will start automatically.
The time taken to go from one image to an other.
How many seconds to stay on each image when the automatic playback has been initiated.
Width and Height
Very important settings. They control the pictures width and height (values are in pixels). These values are also used internally to automatically calculate and generate the module layout.
Slide folder images
Use only when you have selected an Images Folder as the images source (requires Elxis 2009.1 or newer). Parameters:
- Images folder. A folder containing your images. The folder must eb located inside images/ directory.
- Folder title. A title for all images inside that folder (optional). If empty titles will be generated from images file names.
- Folder link. A link for all images inside that folder (optional). If empty the images will not be links.
Slide Flickr images
Use only when you have selected Flickr as the images source (requires IOS Reservations v3.x). Dont forget to set up your Flickr Key and Secret parameters in IOS Reservations configuration. Parameters:
- Tags. A comma separated list of keywords that will be used to query images from Flickr (Example: athens,acropolis). The more tags you add the more you specify your search criteria.
- Flickr title. A title for all images retrieved from Flickr (optional). If empty titles will be loaded from Flickr.
- Flickr link. A link for all images retrieved from Flickr (optional). If empty the images will not be links.
Slide IOS Gallery images
Use only when you have selected IOS Gallery as the images source (requires component IOS Gallery). Parameters:
- Category IDs. A comma separated list of IOS Gallery category IDs only for which images will be loaded from. If you leave this empty IOS NoobSlide will load images from all categories.
Slide custom images
Use only when you have selected Custom Images as the images source. You can select up to 8 images located inside folder images/iosnoobslide/. By default this folder does not exist, so you have to create it and place your images there. For each image you can write a title and give a link. Both parameters are optional. If you don't provide a title the image file name will be used as the base for an automatically generated title.
|You must create folder images/iosnoobslide/ exactly after you install the module. If you don't do it the parameters of the module might not be loaded!|
Tips and tricks
Some of the sliding styles requires some extra space. Set the module to be displayed in a template position with an horizontal orientation (f.e. above the main body).
In order for the pictures not to be displayed with distortion make sure all the sliding images have the same width and height. Optimize your images for the web. Don't add too large pictures.
You can create unlimited copies of the module from within Elxis administration in order to display different images in each copy. Module copying will also allow you to display language specific versions of the sliding images. By the way, the module is RTL compatible!
- 1.0 Initial release.
- 1.1 Added style 10 (IOS Vertical) and updated some styles in order to obey to the interval parameter setting when auto scroll is enabled.
- 1.2 SSL/TLS auto detection and set links to images to the SSL ones for pages that have been accessed securely.
- 1.4 Updated to run under mootools 1.3.2 which also fixes compatibility with Internet Explorer 9.