... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
From Elxis Official DocumentationElxis 2008.x, 2009.x, or newer, that allows you to serve downloadable files. The component's front-end acts like a directory script meaning that you can have a structure of categories and sub-categories (of any level) containing listings. IOS Downloads can handle files of any size. So you can serve even large iso images. This page shows the features of IOS Downloads v1.2. Other version's features may vary.
- Native Elxis component, compatible to Elxis 2008.0, 2008.1, 2009.0, 2009.1, or newer.
- Shorter SEO PRO base name for Elxis 2009.0+
- Coded in PHP5, object oriented programming
- Unlimited categories and sub-categories of any level.
- A listing can be assigned to more than one category.
- Support for large files such as ISO images.
- Multi-lingual listings and categories. Each element can be entered in up to 4 languages (IOS Dialects technology).
- Unlimited images (gallery) for each listing
- PayPal Buy Now and PayPal Donation support.
- Tag cloud and search via tags.
- Navigation, pathway and pagination support
- Lightbox and slider using the MooTools AJAX library.
- Listings and Authors rating (the author's rating is the average rating of his listings).
- Automatic thumbnails generation using image crop for best display.
- Integrated search with criteria.
- Featured listing in component's front-page.
- Statistics (number of downloads, views, date added and last modified, etc).
- Users can add new listings or edit existing ones from front-end.
- Many informational fields for each listing (license, version, use rmanual page, license page, visit url, demo url, etc).
- Also compatible to PHP 5.3 (version 1.2).
On IOS Downloads front-page you can set to display a slider that will slide automatically a number of listings. Previous and Next buttons are also supported. You can set to display latest added, latest modified, most visited, most download-able or randomly selected listings or you can even pick to display individually selected listings. The slider is based on the NoobSlider script that uses the mootools AJAX library.
If the current category has sub-categories then on the top of the category page a list of the available sub-categories will also be displayed. A list of the assigned to the current category listings follows. IOS downloads will supports pagination. So, if the number of listings is greater than the display per page limit IOS Downloads will automatically display pagination links at the bottom of the page.
If a listing is listed in more than one categories a complete list of the categories under which the listing is listed into will be displayed at the bottom of the page.
Users with enough privileges can add new listings or edit their own existing ones directly from front-end. IOS Downloads will automatically display you a link to manage your listings if you are allowed to.
The component's administration is simple and straight-forward. Begin by configuring the component. When you finish with the configuration you can create your first categories. A category can be a parent or a child category. IOS Downloads supports sub-categories of any level. Notice that you can add each category title in multiple languages. The same applies for listings. Once you have created at least one category you are ready to add listings. A listing is an entry to the IOS Downloads directory (the component has the structure of a directory script). Download files are bind to the listings but it is not required to assign a download file to a listing (good for commercial licensed listings). In the add/edit listing page there are many optional informational fields that you may fill-in if you wish. We advise you to give as many details as possible for your listings. Some of the fields are required (title, category, etc). On IOS Downloads v1.1 you can assign a listing in more than one categories. This makes your listing easier to be found in the front-end.
Something else that is very useful, improves component's navigation and gives your listing a better SEO score are the tags. Tags are characteristic keywords for a listing. Don't forget to fill-in some tags for each listing.
A good practice is to upload some images for your listings. These images can be screen shots of the software in action, a logo, or anything else you think it would be helpful to the visitor. IOS Downloads displays listings pictures in a Lightbox window using MooTools. You can pick one of the uploaded pictures as the main listing's picture. This image will be displayed next to the listing in the categories pages.
Finally you can enable payments or donations for each listing separately. The payments are processed via PayPal's secure payment gateway.
|The documentation provided here is limited. If you wish you can contribute by writing a detailed documentation for IOS Downloads component. Contact the author (Ioannis Sannos/datahell) if you need assistance in this.|