... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
From Elxis Official Documentation
What is a Topic
Topic is each post which a member of eForum can create giving a subject title and typing the text which can be entered by an editor.
Each Topic can be viewed by all guests of the site, but can be replied only by members (and groups of users higher than members) with the form of a serial dialog.
Creating a Topic
And is appearing the screen of New topic with an editor, with various options and possibilities. The action of each icon or button, we can see by placing the mouse over them.
First we have to do is to type a Subject title for new Topic into the corespondent field. Then optionally, by the field Icon we select the type of Topic (example: Question) and below to the white area we type the text of Topic using all button icons of the editor by which we can change the look of the text.
Under the text area there is a button of Additional options and clicking on this we see that we can check a box of Notify me on replies and we can Attach a file. If we want to attach more than one files we click on button beside more attachements. When we finish typing our Topic we can publish it by clicking on Submit button.
Example of new topic: We created the follow topic with Subject title: "This is an example".
- On the top right there are 5 icons which concern the post (apart PDF icon which concerns the topic) and we can do the following:
1. Clicking on + we can bookmark & sharing the post
2. Clicking on PDF we can export the topic as pdf file
3. Clicking on ,, we can insert into quotes all the text or part of the post
4. Clicking on pencil we can edit the post
5. Clicking on x we can delete the post (if the eForum administrator has given us such right)
- At the bottom left there are 6 buttons which concern the topic and we can do the following:
1. Clicking on Reply we can reply to the topic
2. Clicking on Delete we can delete the topic (if the eForum administrator has given us such right)
3. Clicking on Send to friend opens a pop up window and we can send by e-mail the url of the topic to a friend
4. Clicking on Receive notifications we can receive to our e-mail notifications for replies on the topic
5. Clicking on PDF we can export the topic as pdf file
6. Clicking on New topic we can create a new topic
- Each time we edit our post a date is added, under text of the post, showing the last date of editing.
- After clicking on Receive notifications on it's position is appearing Stop notifications for the opposite action.
- The action of PDF icon on top and bottom is exactly the same and clicking it exports the topic (included all replies) as pdf file.
Replying to a Topic
When another member of eForum is logged in and sees the Topic of the example, has a picture as below
And clicking on button Reply, is appearing the same editor, where he can type his text reply to the Topic and by clicking on Submit button, he publishes his post reply.
1. When we reply to a topic under the editor are appearing the last 5 posts which have been written on this topic.
2. The member who starts a topic can delete his topic included also all replies (if the eForum administrator has given such right).
3. The member who replies to a topic of another member, can delete only his post reply (if the eForum administrator has given such right).