... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
From Elxis Official Documentation
Members of eForum are registered Elxis users.
Member groups can be created by anyone (administrator) with access to the backend administration of the Elxis site, where eForum is installed. To each group are assigned different kind of rights. So all users in that group, profit and function under those rights.
Member groups list
By choosing the Member groups option from eForum control panel, you see the Member groups list with these options:
- Title: This is the main title/name for each group.
|Hint: Administrators are supposed to have full permissions on eForum.|
- Colour: To each group, you must assign a different colour. This colour is assigned to the Title & can be seen underneath any member's pic, in the forum area or in member's profile. When you create a new Member group or edit an existing one, a palette is available to help you select the colour of your choice.
- Minimum posts: Minimum posts function is a major function for eForum. It gives users a title, based on their post count. Keep it in mind as a Ranking system! From eForum control panel, set a minimum number of (outgoing) posts required, for a user to automatically join a that specific member group. By default, a new user who joins your forum, will automatically be assigned to the group with zero (0) posts. - This Ranking system also gives to your forum a more community feel.
|Hint: Set minimum posts for Administrators and Moderators to -1. In addition if you want to have specific users in user group, just set minimum posts to -1 in that specific group.|
- Stars: The stars are the rank images & are directly related to the Title and the Minimum posts, as described above. Stars can be seen underneath any member's pic, in the forum area or in member's profile. This is a nice and practical way to distinguish Member groups.
- Users: How many users belong to this group.
- Permissions: Total permissions assigned to each group.
Create / Edit Member Groups
Within the eForum control panel, select the Member groups option and click New. The fields below must be filled up, as described:
- Details tab
- Title: Give a title to this new group.
- Colour: Select a colour for this group.
- Minimum posts: Minimum posts that someone must have, so he can join this group.
- Maximum personal messages: The maximum number of outgoing personal messages (PM) stored in the users outbox folder.
- Stars: Select the appearance of the stars (rank images).
- Permissions tab
In this tab you have full view and control of all rights, for each group. Such as:
° Who can edit profiles & delete accounts.
° Who can move, lock or delete topics.
° Who can view or upload attachments.
° Who can edit, delete or report posts.
Whatever you select, will automatically be assigned, globally, to all users under that group. So be careful! For your convenience at the top of Permissions tab, you will find two links. Reset all (will reset all permissions) & Typical user (will automatically assign permissions for typical users).
Member's list overview
Registered users who are logged-in, have the option to see the Members List from the front-end of eForum. This option can be found in the Statistics area on the bottom side of your forum. So, by clicking on Members List, you will see a panel with the following features/fields:
- Avatar: User's current avatar. If no avatar is selected, you will see by default Elxis CMS avatar.
- Status: Online or Offline.
- Username: Username selected during the registration process.
- User group: Group to which the user belongs.
- Website: User's website (if declared).
- Reg. date: The date of registration.
- Posts: Total posts at that time.
If you click on a column header, the sorting order of your members will change, depending on what you clicked. Click it again to toggle between ascending and descending.
On the top left side of Members list page, you see the "Search members" link. It gives you the capability to search members by their username, name, e-mail, website and signature.
Only the first 50 results are being displayed.
|Notice: Member lists and Member Profiles are not displayed to visitors (non registered users). Also, there is a relevant permission in "Member groups" settings.|
Member's Profile pages
A member's profile page is a place for members to "tell a bit" about themselves. Various profile information that you want to share with other members & also an overview of your activity in the forum. On this page you will find options to edit your profile and more. Let's see in detail:
A member's profile page, shows the following information:
- Name: Member's full name.
- Username: The selected username, when registered. Referred also as a login name. Usernames cannot be changed.
- Posts: Total posts in the forum & also the average posts, per day.
- User group: Group to which the member belongs.
- Registration date: Date of registration in the forum.
- Last visit: Last login in the forum area.
- Account expiration date: Since version 2009.0 all users registered to an Elxis web site have an expiration date. By default user accounts never expires, but you can easily change this for any user you wish. Read more: Account expiration control
- Preferable language: The language chosen by the user (among the available/published languages in Elxis CMS).
- Email: User's email.
- Signature: Signatures are displayed beneath member's posts. When the member changes the signature in his profile, it will be changed for all of the posts he has made, automatically. - It is generally considered to be rude to have a very large. The maximum length of signatures can be set through the administrative settings. BB Code allowed.
- Website: In this field, you can show your personal site or any other you would like to highlight.
- AIM, YIM, MSN, ICQ: Usernames or IDs for the mentioned services.
- Telephone: Member's fixed phone.
- Mobile: Member's mobile phone.
- Birth date: Date of birth.
- Gender: Gender (Male or Female)
- Location: Member's location.
- Occupation: Member's occupation.
|Notice: All the above eForum fields are directly related to Elxis User Fields. Which of the fields you want to appear on the member list and profile, are defined by Softdisk. You can also create any additional user fields you want & make these fields appear on the Registration form and the user's profile. Read More: User Manager|
Avatars are personal images that members select to represent themselves. It's also an easily way to identify a member. Avatars are shown in member's profiles and their posts. They can be changed by uploading a new one or selecting from an avatar list, if available.
Administrators can set up limits and restrictions (size exc).
In each member's profile, a small overview regarding his activity can be seen. Particularly, the member's last posts and a relative timestamp.
By clicking on this option, every member has the ability to change/update his profile information as described above in Profile Information section. Usernames cannot be edited or changed. Administrators & Moderators are able to edit/change other member's profile information.
This option gives an overview of the permissions assigned to the specific member. Permissions arise from the users group in which the member belongs.
Deletes an account and all the articles, under certain conditions.
When you're on another member's profile page, you see the option Send PM. That stands for Personal messages (or PM for short). Personal messages can be sent to one or more members. Typically, personal messages are private correspondence, and they are only viewable by the sender and the recipient.
PMs cannot be sent by guests or to guests.