... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
Eforum Control Panel
From Elxis Official Documentation
Front-end Control Panel - Description
'Control Panel' can be found under the 'Useful links' section, on the front-end of the forum. Only forum Administrators can see this link, as they are the only group of members, with access to this specific area of the forum.
The Control Panel can be accessed using this URL
Through the Control Panel you can perform only a few Administration tasks. For all the rest, you must login into the Elxis Administration Area. So let's see exactly what kind of administration can you perform, from the front-end of your forum:
There are 2 types of Announcements: "Announcements for Groups" and "Private announcements".
- Private announcements can be sent only to one member. Think of it as a Personal Message (PM) that shows up - as an announcement on the front-end, to a specific member/user. The user is able to delete a Private announcement (implies that it has been read).
- "Announcements for Groups" are Public announcements that refer to specific Member groups or all the forum members. The simplest kind of announcement is the one that can be read by everyone, even by visitors (unregistered users). Other kind of announcements may involve the Moderator's group, the Newbies, the Heroes exc.
If you want to post a new announcement, click on the corresponding link.
- In the Message field, insert your message/announcement. You can use BB Code.
- Select if its going to be a public announcement or not. Select YES or NO.
- If YES, you must select a group of members as Recipient. If NO, you must insert the recipient's username.
- A Live Search field is available to help you find the user/recipient, easier.
Boards & Moderators
Through this section, you have an overview of the forum, as well as some simplified administration rights, regarding the board's access and moderation. The displayed table shows:
- Title: The board titles.
- Published: (Yes or No) - By clicking on these options, you can easily identify if the board is going to be published or unpublished.
- Access: The kind of access for a specific board. The options are: Normal - Read Only - Reply only.
- Member groups: Which member groups have access on the board. By default, ALL users/members have access on a new created board. By using the "Assign group" option (read below) you can change this.
- Moderators: Who are the moderators of the board. By default, no one is determined. Use the "Assign Moderators" option (read below) to assign moderators.
Use this function to assign a moderator, to a board. If you don't have any moderators on your forum, you must create/make moderators by editing user profiles. Administrators are global moderators for any board.
- Select the Board from the corresponding list, similarly select the Moderator(s) and press the "Assign" button.
If you want to specify more than one Moderator, you must repeat the above step.
By default, all users (all member groups) can access the boards. By assigning member groups to a board, you make that specific board accessible only by users that are members of the assigned groups.
- Select the Board from the corresponding list, choose the desired Group(s) and press the "Assign" button.
If you want to specify more than one Member group, you must repeat the above steps.