... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
From Elxis Official Documentation
eForum is a full featured forum component for Elxis CMS developed by Ioannis Sannos (Is Open Source) and released for free under the Creative Commons 3.0 Share Alike general license. It supports all those features required by a forum application such notifications, personal messages, watch topics, moderators, BBcode syntax, custom member groups, special access to boards, announcements, PDF export, RSS, sharing posts to social networks, and many more.
- Elxis CMS 2009.0 or newer (2009.3+ recommended). If you use eForum with SEO PRO enabled on Elxis 2009.1 or 2009.0 you should replace elxis' 2009.0/2009.1 includes/sef.php file with the one from Elxis 2009.2. Note: the component should also work under Elxis 2008.x.
- PHP 5.x (PHP 5.2+ recommended). eForum has been developed by using object oriented (OO) programming and uses modern code available only under PHP 5.
- MySQL database. Some of the eForum's database queries run only under mysql and therefor the component is only usable under this database type.
- 1.0 May 15, 2010 - eForum initial release.
- 1.1 May 23, 2010 - Fix on an SQL query. Also the user balloon is not been displayed any more to non-logged-in users.
- 1.2 October 11, 2011 - Added TinyBox, fixed a read topics related bu, added Spanish language and also made some more improvements.
eForum (October 11, 2011) is translated into Bulgarian, English, German, Greek, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish, Italian and Sprski languages. You can translate it in more languages and send me (user datahell at forum.elxis.org) your translation to include it in eForum package. Read this post on elxis forum for more information.
License and credits
- Created by Ioannis Sannos (Is Open Source)
- Copyright (c) 2008-2011 Is Open source. All rights reserved.
- License: Creative Commons 3.0 Share Alike
- eForum is provided for free and without any guarantee.
Special thanks to the following people for their contribution to the eForum project.
- Stavros Stratakis (WebGift - webgift.gr) - Development of modules for eForum.
- Spiros Panagiotakopoulos (supernet - rentasite.gr) - eForum documentation, logo and demo installation
- Nikos Vlachtsis (nikos - osw.gr) - eForum documentation
A list of the most important eForum features.
- Object oriented programming
- Solid and secure source code
- Search engines friendly and optimized
- Special version for mobile devices (iphone, ipod, ipad, android and black berry).
- Forum structure consists by Categories, Boards and Topics
- Unlimited member groups each one having different permissions on the forum.
- Option to set boards access
- A board's mode can be set to Normal, Read Only and Reply Only.
- Public, group specific and personal announcements
- Personal messages
- E-mail notifications for personal messages
- E-mail notifications for replies to topics you watch
- Report a post to a moderator
- Attach files to posts (images, pdf, zip files, etc)
- Include YouTube videos to posts
- BBcode editor and special BBcode tags (info, help, warning, etc)
- Syntax highlight and source code support.
- Export topics in PDF format
- Simple and advanced search for posts
- Search for members (live/AJAX search is also supported)
- Members list
- Member profile (editable and extensible)
- Hooks (extend eForum functionality without modifying eForum)
- Share posts (AddThis and E-mailit support)
- Reply/Quote/Edit post
- Delete topic/post
- Delete eForum members (and, optionally, the corresponding Elxis users)
- Links to topic's last post or to specific topic's post.
- eForum statistics
- Forum administrators control panel in front-end.
- Full UTF-8 support and support for unlimited languages.
- RTL support for languages such as Persian, Hebrew and Arabic
- Human friendly dates
- XHTML/CSS valid
- SSL/TLS connections auto-detection and support
- RSS feed of latest posts
- E-mail addresses protection against spammers.
- CSS templates to easily change eForum's style.
- Latest posts on eForum's front-page.
- Online members and last registered member on eForum's front-page.
- Integrated users login form.
- Chatters (forum friends)
Screen shots taken from the eForum component.