... Elxis version 2009.3 codename Aphrodite is out, download it from Elxis Download Center (EDC) ...
From Elxis Official Documentation
Sections and Categories help us to organize our content better. It's the most important part of Elxis CMS, where a site's content lays. Now we are going to see how a Category can be created, very easily!
- Log-in the Administration control panel of your Elxis site.
- In the top menu select "Content" (pic 1).
- Click where it says "Categories Manager" (pic 1).
- If you have other existing Categories, you will see them listed. If you want to create a new Category click on the upper right corner on the "New" button.
- In the current window (pic 2) you will see all the "Category Details" you must modify in order your section to be created.
Below is a brief description for every setting of the scope:
- Section: To which Section will this Category belong.
- Category Title: Give the category a title.
- Category Name: A name for your category.
- SEO title: A S.E.O. title for the Category page. Try to use up to 3 words seperated by hyphens (i.e. create-category-page). Instead you may use the "Suggested SEO title" option. Don't forget to validate your S.E.O. title.
- Image: Associate an image to your Category. Note: The images for this option are retrieved from /image/stories folder.
- Image position: The alignement of the above image: Left, Center or Right.
- Ordering*: The ordering of this Category comparatively to other Categories. Ordering can be changed after this item is saved. New Categories default to the bottom of the list.
- Access Level: User Groups with access to this Category.
- Published: You want this Category published or not.
- Languages: With what languages will this Category be associated.
- Description: Optionally you can write a short description for the new category you are about to create.
- Click SAVE. Done! Your Category is created.